Ways to Clean Your Porcelain Sink Before You Sell Your Home
The kitchen is top priority when selling a home. Most Modern buys want granite counter tops and all the latest figures. However, there is a minority group of buyers who prefer the vintage rustic look, stained tables and porcelain sinks.
If you are selling a home with porcelain sinks, read on.
Porcelain sink is a great addition to your kitchen. Its vintage look and soft surface adds more aesthetic value to your kitchen. But the downside of having a porcelain sink is that it has the tendency to hold stains and may get easily scratched especially when you scrub the stains from the surface. The good news is that it does not stain permanently. You simply need to know how to clean the stains. With the right care and maintenance, your porcelain sink will sparkle and look clean. Here are some effective to shine your porcelain sink.
1. Use hot water, sponge and soap.
To start cleaning the sink, you need to use the hottest water in order to get the best results as well as a dish soap and a gentle sponge.
Since the sink can get scratches easily, make sure that you avoid using steel wool or scouring pads. Once you have all the things you need, start using the sponge and the soap. Wipe it in circular motion. After that, rinse the soap using the sponge with the hottest water.
2. Use baking soda.
Baking soda is one of the most popular household ingredients that you can use for cleaning. If you want to thoroughly clean your porcelain sink, you can actually use baking soda. All you have to do is get a damp cloth or you can also use sponge. Next is you put in the baking soda into the specific portions of the sink that has stains. This product is mildly abrasive, it can actually remove stains without scratching the sink. In same way as how you clean your sink using hot water and soap, scrub it in circular motion and then make sure that you completely rinse everything off. If you want a more powerful cleaning formula, you can actually include lemon juice or even ammonia.
3. Use bleach and paper towels.
Another way to clean the sink is to coat it using bleach and cover it using paper towels. Why use paper towels? They are used to make sure that the bleach is close to the sink so as to make it more effective. Let it stay there for the whole night. The following morning, you can already remove the towels. Gently wipe the sink.
When cleaning using this method, make sure that you do it in an area where there is ventilation so you would not end up inhaling the fumes. You can only use bleach on porcelain sinks but not on colored porcelains.
4. Put some vinegar.
Vinegar is used to clean jewelry but you can also use it to clean a porcelain sink. This household product can effectively remove watermarks. Before you start the cleaning, close the drain. Afterwards, fill it with hot water and add about 1 to 2 cups of vinegar. Allow it to stay there for about 3 to 4 hours. When you drain the water, you can see that the stains are already gone. Just be careful when using vinegar so as not to damage the finish.
5. Use a Commercial Cleaner or Polish
There are some stains that will be tuff to remove and a commercial polish or porecelain cleaner will do the trick. Use a porcelain cleaner like Colonel Brassy hard surface clean. Clean using a microfiber cloth and a little "elbo greese". Also Flitz metal polish does a fantastic job of giving porcelain the shine that sells.
- Greeley Colorado Real Estate
- Home Impovement with a Bathroom Remodel
- Denver is Number 9 on the Highest Performing Major Metro Markets through November 2016
- Boulder Real Estate near CU Campus - A Savvy Investment
- Effects of Mortgage interest rates after Donald Trumps Election and how it will affect Denver local Real Estate Market
- New Listing Coming Soon! 11171 Bryant Ct. Westminster, CO 80234
- Recently Sold 11537 East Amherst Circle South Aurora, CO 80014
- Beautiful home for sale in Cottonwood Point Dr Fort Collins Colorado just below $1million
- Greeley Real Estate - Greeley Homes for sale
- 1 % Down Conventional Loan
- Benefits of living in energy efficient homes
- It’s a Good Time to Buy Real Estate with 97% LTV
- New Listing Coming Soon! 9063 Eldorado, Frederick CO 80505
- Boulder Real Estate
- Neighborhoods to Watch- Historic Downtown Loveland Homes
- About | Denver Real Estate Agent | Armstrongre.com
- Home Builder's Websites In Colorado
- Denver Real Estate Market
- Living in Fort Collins, Colorado
- What You Need To Know About Denver Relocation
- Is Your Home Insured For Everything You Think It Is?
- Its A Good Time To Buy Real Estate With 97 Percent Ltv
- Why An Occupancy Certificate Is Necessary Before Investing In A Property
- 5 Remodeling Projects: Better To Diy Or Hire A Pro?
- Boulder Horse Properties For Sale Offer Buyers The Best Of Both Worlds
- How To Prepare Homes For Sale
- How to Become A Successful Real Estate Agent
- Common Mistakes While Seeking A Commercial Mortgage Loan
- 6 Vital Things To Keep In Mind Before You Buy A House
- The Best Time Of The Year To Buy A Home
- How To Get Approved For A Home Loan
- Few Information You Must Pay Attention Prior To Your Real Estate Investments
- Factors That Play Key Role In Re Investment
- How To Sell Your Denver Probate House
- Buying A Home With A Backyard Playground
- Investing In Boulder Real Estate May Earn CU Parents An A+ In Personal Finance
- Top Places To Live- Loveland Colorado
- Cherry Creek North Real Estate
- Denver And Northern Colorado Golf Course Communities And Country Clubs
- President Obamas Reelection And The Denver Housing Market
- Denver Area Horse Properties And Equestrian Facilities For Sale
- Luxury Real Estate Market In Denver Is On The Rise
- Hip Urban Denver Neighborhoods
- Techniques To Disaster Proof Colorado Homes In The Wake Of Hurricane Sandy
- Peyton Mannings New Cherry Hills Village Home
- Wal-mart Opts Out Of New Congress Park Store At 9th And Colorado
- Great New Listing At 617 Valley View Rd In Loveland Colorado 80537
- Top Denver Luxury Neighborhoods
- Boulder Colorado Real Estate And Community
- Prime Time For Homeowners To Sell In The Denver Housing Market
- Westminster Real Estate and Community
- Historic Old Town Longmont - hub for Arts, Entertainment & Real Estate
- Bonnie Brae - Denvers Gem Of Residential Real Estate
- Townhome For Sale At Westbury Farms At Apple Valley In Westminster Colorado
- Home For Sale In Saddle Rock Ridge In Aurora Colorado
- New Brownstone Listing In Ridgegate Subdivision Located in Lone Tree Close To Park Meadows Mall
- Protect Your Outdoor Properties This Spring
- How To Start A Janitorial Service Business Cleaning Real Estate Properties
- FHA Mortgage Insurance Premiums Set To Rise Again In April
- Complete Information On Hud Guidelines On Mortgage And Real Estate
- Aurora Colorado Real Estate And Its Community
- Denver Luxury Real Estate- Cherry Creek
- Home Mortgage Refinance Are You Sure Of The Steps To Take
- Capitol Hill Denver -hub Of Historic Real Estate And Urban Culture
- Highlands Is Distinctly One Of Denver Most Culturally Rich And Lively Destinations
- Washington Park Denver Colorado- Denvers Historical Treasure And Modern Center Of Real Estate And Culture
- Denver Colorado Ranked As Third Fastest Selling City In Real Estate
- Mortgage Relief Fraud- Will You Be The Next Victim
- Short Sales In Denver- Why The Term Strategic Default Can Be Misleading
- Colorado Premier Apartment Locating Service
- Here Are Seven Reasons To Own Your Home Vs Rent Denver Colorado
- Thinking Of Buying A Home In Denver- Here Are 10 Questions To Ask Your Home Inspector
- Thinking Of Hiring A Real Estate Agent In Denver-here Are Some Good Questions To Ask
- Lenders Checklist- What Documents You Need To Get A Mortgage
- Thinking About Doing A Short Sale
- Specialty Mortgages- Risks And Rewards
- Buyers Market For Luxury Condos And Lofts In Downtown Denver
- Taking The Stress Out Of Buying A Home-Denver Real Estate
- 10 Ways To Prepare For Homeownership In Colorado
- Basic Tax Benifits To Home Ownership-Denver Real Estate
- A Look At Parker Colorado And Its Real Estate Market
- Denver Real Estate And Its Neighborhoods
- Fort Collins Real Estate- Reasons Why You Should Move To The Area
- Homes For Sale In The Hilltop And Crestmoor Park Area Of Denver Colorado
- Solving Your Mortgage Crisis Just Got Easier- 5 Steps For A Successful Short Sale
- Arvada Real Estate And Homes For Sale
- An Overview Of Cherry Creek Real Estate And Homes For Sale In The Area
- Local Denver Agent Releases New Report For Homeowners Seeking To Avoid Foreclosure
- Not Every Real Estate Agent Is A Realtor. Find Out Why You Should Hire A Realtor To Sell Your Next Home In The Denver Area
- Learn About The Pros And Cons To Flipping Houses In Denver
- Colorado Home Foreclosure Update How To Get A Good Foreclosure Property In Colorado
- Greenwood Village Real Estate Denver Colorado
- Lakeside Cross County Oregon Real Estate For Sale
- Real Estate In Parker Colorado Outside Of Denver City Limits
- Aurora Homes For Sale Aurora Denver Real Estate Homes
- Castle Rock Denver Colorado Real Estate
- Fannie Mae Launches A New Video To Help Educate Homeowners About Options To Avoid Foreclosure
- Cherry Creek Denver Real Estate Market
- The Hidden Options Of Real Estate Auctions And Foreclosures
- Understand All Of The Options Available When Faced With Foreclosure
- A Profile Denver Neighborhood
- Luxury Living In Castle Rock And Greenwood Village Colorado
- Denver REO Properties- Still An Abundance
- Understanding The Basics Of A Short Sale
- Although The Rest Of The Nation See A Decline In Real Estate Prices,Denver market Seems to Outshine The Rest
- How To Pass And Study For Denver Colorado Real Estate Exams
- Rent To Own Agreement In Denver Colorado
- New Construction Sales Still Down in Denver
- Denver Luxury Real Estate Market On The Rise
- Big Deal In Denver Colorado Multifamily Apartment Market
- Denver Colorado Real Estate Market
- The Denver Economy