Thinking Of Hiring A Real Estate Agent In Denver-here Are Some Good Questions To Ask
Make sure you choose a REALTOR® who will provide top-notch service and meet your unique needs.
1. How long have you been in residential real estate sales? Is it your full-time job? While experience is no guarantee of skill, real estate — like many other professions — is mostly learned on the job.
2. What designations do you hold? Designations such as GRI and CRS® — which require that agents take additional, specialized real estate training — are held by only about one-quarter of real estate practitioners.
3. How many homes did you and your real estate brokerage sell last year? By asking this question, you’ll get a good idea of how much experience the practitioner has.
4. How many days did it take you to sell the average home? How did that compare to the overall market?
The REALTOR® you interview should have these facts on hand, and be able to present market statistics from the local MLS to provide a comparison.
5. How close to the initial asking prices of the homes you sold were the final sale prices? This is one indication of how skilled the REALTOR® is at pricing homes and marketing to suitable buyers. Of course, other factors also may be at play, including an exceptionally hot or cool real estate market.
6. What types of specific marketing systems and approaches will you use to sell my home? You don’t want someone who’s going to put a For Sale sign in the yard and hope for the best. Look for someone who has aggressive and innovative approaches, and knows how to market your property competitively on the Internet. Buyers today want information fast, so it’s important that your REALTOR® is responsive.
7. Will you represent me exclusively, or will you represent both the buyer and the seller in the transaction? While it’s usually legal to represent both parties in a transaction, it’s important to understand where the practitioner’s obligations lie. Your REALTOR® should explain his or her agency relationship to you and describe the rights of each party.
8. Can you recommend service providers who can help me obtain a mortgage, make home repairs, and help with other things I need done? Because REALTORS® are immersed in the industry, they’re wonderful resources as you seek lenders, home improvement companies, and other home service providers. Practitioners should generally recommend more than one provider and let you know if they have any special relationship with or receive compensation from any of the providers.
9. What type of support and supervision does your brokerage office provide to you? Having resources such as in-house support staff, access to a real estate attorney, and assistance with technology can help an agent sell your home.
10. What’s your business philosophy? While there’s no right answer to this question, the response will help you assess what’s important to the agent and determine how closely the agent’s goals and business emphasis mesh with your own.
11. How will you keep me informed about the progress of my transaction? How frequently? Again, this is not a question with a correct answer, but it reflects your desires. Do you want updates twice a week or do you not want to be bothered unless there’s a hot prospect? Do you prefer phone, e-mail, or a personal visit?
12. Could you please give me the names and phone numbers of your three most recent clients?
Ask recent clients if they would work with this REALTOR® again. Find out whether they were pleased with the communication style, follow-up, and work ethic of the REALTOR®.
If you're in the market to buy or sell a home give Local Realtor Ian Armstrong a call today at Armstrong Real Estate Services LLC. (720) 771-7376
Home for Sale in denver, Colorado
- Ways to Clean Your Porcelain Sink Before You Sell Your Home
- Greeley Colorado Real Estate
- Home Impovement with a Bathroom Remodel
- Denver is Number 9 on the Highest Performing Major Metro Markets through November 2016
- Boulder Real Estate near CU Campus - A Savvy Investment
- Effects of Mortgage interest rates after Donald Trumps Election and how it will affect Denver local Real Estate Market
- New Listing Coming Soon! 11171 Bryant Ct. Westminster, CO 80234
- Recently Sold 11537 East Amherst Circle South Aurora, CO 80014
- Beautiful home for sale in Cottonwood Point Dr Fort Collins Colorado just below $1million
- Greeley Real Estate - Greeley Homes for sale
- 1 % Down Conventional Loan
- Benefits of living in energy efficient homes
- It’s a Good Time to Buy Real Estate with 97% LTV
- New Listing Coming Soon! 9063 Eldorado, Frederick CO 80505
- Boulder Real Estate
- Neighborhoods to Watch- Historic Downtown Loveland Homes
- About | Denver Real Estate Agent | Armstrongre.com
- Home Builder's Websites In Colorado
- Denver Real Estate Market
- Living in Fort Collins, Colorado
- What You Need To Know About Denver Relocation
- Is Your Home Insured For Everything You Think It Is?
- Its A Good Time To Buy Real Estate With 97 Percent Ltv
- Why An Occupancy Certificate Is Necessary Before Investing In A Property
- 5 Remodeling Projects: Better To Diy Or Hire A Pro?
- Boulder Horse Properties For Sale Offer Buyers The Best Of Both Worlds
- How To Prepare Homes For Sale
- How to Become A Successful Real Estate Agent
- Common Mistakes While Seeking A Commercial Mortgage Loan
- 6 Vital Things To Keep In Mind Before You Buy A House
- The Best Time Of The Year To Buy A Home
- How To Get Approved For A Home Loan
- Few Information You Must Pay Attention Prior To Your Real Estate Investments
- Factors That Play Key Role In Re Investment
- How To Sell Your Denver Probate House
- Buying A Home With A Backyard Playground
- Investing In Boulder Real Estate May Earn CU Parents An A+ In Personal Finance
- Top Places To Live- Loveland Colorado
- Cherry Creek North Real Estate
- Denver And Northern Colorado Golf Course Communities And Country Clubs
- President Obamas Reelection And The Denver Housing Market
- Denver Area Horse Properties And Equestrian Facilities For Sale
- Luxury Real Estate Market In Denver Is On The Rise
- Hip Urban Denver Neighborhoods
- Techniques To Disaster Proof Colorado Homes In The Wake Of Hurricane Sandy
- Peyton Mannings New Cherry Hills Village Home
- Wal-mart Opts Out Of New Congress Park Store At 9th And Colorado
- Great New Listing At 617 Valley View Rd In Loveland Colorado 80537
- Top Denver Luxury Neighborhoods
- Boulder Colorado Real Estate And Community
- Prime Time For Homeowners To Sell In The Denver Housing Market
- Westminster Real Estate and Community
- Historic Old Town Longmont - hub for Arts, Entertainment & Real Estate
- Bonnie Brae - Denvers Gem Of Residential Real Estate
- Townhome For Sale At Westbury Farms At Apple Valley In Westminster Colorado
- Home For Sale In Saddle Rock Ridge In Aurora Colorado
- New Brownstone Listing In Ridgegate Subdivision Located in Lone Tree Close To Park Meadows Mall
- Protect Your Outdoor Properties This Spring
- How To Start A Janitorial Service Business Cleaning Real Estate Properties
- FHA Mortgage Insurance Premiums Set To Rise Again In April
- Complete Information On Hud Guidelines On Mortgage And Real Estate
- Aurora Colorado Real Estate And Its Community
- Denver Luxury Real Estate- Cherry Creek
- Home Mortgage Refinance Are You Sure Of The Steps To Take
- Capitol Hill Denver -hub Of Historic Real Estate And Urban Culture
- Highlands Is Distinctly One Of Denver Most Culturally Rich And Lively Destinations
- Washington Park Denver Colorado- Denvers Historical Treasure And Modern Center Of Real Estate And Culture
- Denver Colorado Ranked As Third Fastest Selling City In Real Estate
- Mortgage Relief Fraud- Will You Be The Next Victim
- Short Sales In Denver- Why The Term Strategic Default Can Be Misleading
- Colorado Premier Apartment Locating Service
- Here Are Seven Reasons To Own Your Home Vs Rent Denver Colorado
- Thinking Of Buying A Home In Denver- Here Are 10 Questions To Ask Your Home Inspector
- Lenders Checklist- What Documents You Need To Get A Mortgage
- Thinking About Doing A Short Sale
- Specialty Mortgages- Risks And Rewards
- Buyers Market For Luxury Condos And Lofts In Downtown Denver
- Taking The Stress Out Of Buying A Home-Denver Real Estate
- 10 Ways To Prepare For Homeownership In Colorado
- Basic Tax Benifits To Home Ownership-Denver Real Estate
- A Look At Parker Colorado And Its Real Estate Market
- Denver Real Estate And Its Neighborhoods
- Fort Collins Real Estate- Reasons Why You Should Move To The Area
- Homes For Sale In The Hilltop And Crestmoor Park Area Of Denver Colorado
- Solving Your Mortgage Crisis Just Got Easier- 5 Steps For A Successful Short Sale
- Arvada Real Estate And Homes For Sale
- An Overview Of Cherry Creek Real Estate And Homes For Sale In The Area
- Local Denver Agent Releases New Report For Homeowners Seeking To Avoid Foreclosure
- Not Every Real Estate Agent Is A Realtor. Find Out Why You Should Hire A Realtor To Sell Your Next Home In The Denver Area
- Learn About The Pros And Cons To Flipping Houses In Denver
- Colorado Home Foreclosure Update How To Get A Good Foreclosure Property In Colorado
- Greenwood Village Real Estate Denver Colorado
- Lakeside Cross County Oregon Real Estate For Sale
- Real Estate In Parker Colorado Outside Of Denver City Limits
- Aurora Homes For Sale Aurora Denver Real Estate Homes
- Castle Rock Denver Colorado Real Estate
- Fannie Mae Launches A New Video To Help Educate Homeowners About Options To Avoid Foreclosure
- Cherry Creek Denver Real Estate Market
- The Hidden Options Of Real Estate Auctions And Foreclosures
- Understand All Of The Options Available When Faced With Foreclosure
- A Profile Denver Neighborhood
- Luxury Living In Castle Rock And Greenwood Village Colorado
- Denver REO Properties- Still An Abundance
- Understanding The Basics Of A Short Sale
- Although The Rest Of The Nation See A Decline In Real Estate Prices,Denver market Seems to Outshine The Rest
- How To Pass And Study For Denver Colorado Real Estate Exams
- Rent To Own Agreement In Denver Colorado
- New Construction Sales Still Down in Denver
- Denver Luxury Real Estate Market On The Rise
- Big Deal In Denver Colorado Multifamily Apartment Market
- Denver Colorado Real Estate Market
- The Denver Economy