Home Impovement with a Bathroom Remodel
We all know home improvement is not easy, yet we constantly underestimate just how difficult it will be when it comes time. In general, there are a lot of things you should know and think about before going head first into the project. From the lighting to the flooring and everything in between, here are a few things to think about.
Let’s talk about lighting first. Most people use the bathroom for more than just the obvious, including putting on makeup, shaving, or doing your hair. Putting bright lights at your vanity – called “sconce lighting” – can make a huge difference in the outcome of these things. The DIYNetwork suggests putting them in at eye level in order to reduce shadows.
Sometimes the lighting comes with the house. It is important you do not forget to update them! You don’t want to remodel and update your whole bathroom only to be left with lighting fixtures from the 1970s.
As with lighting, flooring plays a surprisingly affective role in the overall look of the bathroom. The go-to choice of material for the bathroom floor is tile. Carpet is typically not the ideal choice of material since mold plays a role in that decision-making process.
You need to understand the basic dimensions and layout of your bathroom. Knowing the dimensions will help you decide on what sizes your furniture should be, as well as allow you to recognize how much room/ space will be left after you have done your remodel.
Budgeting is without a doubt one of the most important parts of the project. You should plan out what you want and what you expect everything to cost… and then stick to the plan! Houzz did some work for you already and found out what the average remodeling project costs depending on the specific type of bathroom.
Some ways to save money in the project is to get creative. The DIYNetwork suggests refinishing things that are already in your bathroom to get an entirely new feel, without spending hundreds of dollars. This could be your tub, shower, or your flooring. According to this same website, doing so can save you an absurd amount of money, spending as little as 10% of what it would have cost to replace the pieces.
You can also save a ton of money by keeping the plumbing where it is. That means, keep the toilet and sink and shower where they are. As much as you may want to change the layout completely, some sacrifices are for the better good. This is one of them.
And lastly, instead of getting completely knew cabinets and sinks, consider just simply changing out the pulls and handles. This can make a surprising yet impactful difference.
Something that is often overlook, yet vital to think about, is ventilation. Since the bathroom obviously uses a lot of water, mold and mildew are dangerous. As a precaution, you should probably have more than one forms of airing out the bathroom.
A vent usually comes with the bathroom, but if not you should definitely put one in. In addition, you should consider putting in another form of ventilation as well. This could be a fan or a window or something else – so long as it keeps air moving and not settling.
Don’t be afraid to put your pride on the side… if you need help, get it! Professionals are considered professionals for a reason, they know what they are doing. if you think you may, even possibly, hire a professional, you should include their price in your budget.
Before you commit to one professional, you should call around and inquire an estimate from multiple. You should also ask to see their portfolio or examples of what they have done in the past so you can get a sense of their experience level. Plus, you can see if they can do the certain things and styles as you want them.
Taking all of those things into mind, you have the basic understanding of how to approach remodeling your bathroom. Granted, there will always be more to do. But these things are the most important and will make the biggest difference in your experience and the outcome of your bathroom.
Article by Jon Reyes, a guest writer from Steam and Shower UK. Jon is a specialist writer and has extensive knowledge in everything related to steam showers, saunas and hydrotherapy benefits
- Ways to Clean Your Porcelain Sink Before You Sell Your Home
- Greeley Colorado Real Estate
- Denver is Number 9 on the Highest Performing Major Metro Markets through November 2016
- Boulder Real Estate near CU Campus - A Savvy Investment
- Effects of Mortgage interest rates after Donald Trumps Election and how it will affect Denver local Real Estate Market
- New Listing Coming Soon! 11171 Bryant Ct. Westminster, CO 80234
- Recently Sold 11537 East Amherst Circle South Aurora, CO 80014
- Beautiful home for sale in Cottonwood Point Dr Fort Collins Colorado just below $1million
- Greeley Real Estate - Greeley Homes for sale
- 1 % Down Conventional Loan
- Benefits of living in energy efficient homes
- It’s a Good Time to Buy Real Estate with 97% LTV
- New Listing Coming Soon! 9063 Eldorado, Frederick CO 80505
- Boulder Real Estate
- Neighborhoods to Watch- Historic Downtown Loveland Homes
- About | Denver Real Estate Agent | Armstrongre.com
- Home Builder's Websites In Colorado
- Denver Real Estate Market
- Living in Fort Collins, Colorado
- What You Need To Know About Denver Relocation
- Is Your Home Insured For Everything You Think It Is?
- Its A Good Time To Buy Real Estate With 97 Percent Ltv
- Why An Occupancy Certificate Is Necessary Before Investing In A Property
- 5 Remodeling Projects: Better To Diy Or Hire A Pro?
- Boulder Horse Properties For Sale Offer Buyers The Best Of Both Worlds
- How To Prepare Homes For Sale
- How to Become A Successful Real Estate Agent
- Common Mistakes While Seeking A Commercial Mortgage Loan
- 6 Vital Things To Keep In Mind Before You Buy A House
- The Best Time Of The Year To Buy A Home
- How To Get Approved For A Home Loan
- Few Information You Must Pay Attention Prior To Your Real Estate Investments
- Factors That Play Key Role In Re Investment
- How To Sell Your Denver Probate House
- Buying A Home With A Backyard Playground
- Investing In Boulder Real Estate May Earn CU Parents An A+ In Personal Finance
- Top Places To Live- Loveland Colorado
- Cherry Creek North Real Estate
- Denver And Northern Colorado Golf Course Communities And Country Clubs
- President Obamas Reelection And The Denver Housing Market
- Denver Area Horse Properties And Equestrian Facilities For Sale
- Luxury Real Estate Market In Denver Is On The Rise
- Hip Urban Denver Neighborhoods
- Techniques To Disaster Proof Colorado Homes In The Wake Of Hurricane Sandy
- Peyton Mannings New Cherry Hills Village Home
- Wal-mart Opts Out Of New Congress Park Store At 9th And Colorado
- Great New Listing At 617 Valley View Rd In Loveland Colorado 80537
- Top Denver Luxury Neighborhoods
- Boulder Colorado Real Estate And Community
- Prime Time For Homeowners To Sell In The Denver Housing Market
- Westminster Real Estate and Community
- Historic Old Town Longmont - hub for Arts, Entertainment & Real Estate
- Bonnie Brae - Denvers Gem Of Residential Real Estate
- Townhome For Sale At Westbury Farms At Apple Valley In Westminster Colorado
- Home For Sale In Saddle Rock Ridge In Aurora Colorado
- New Brownstone Listing In Ridgegate Subdivision Located in Lone Tree Close To Park Meadows Mall
- Protect Your Outdoor Properties This Spring
- How To Start A Janitorial Service Business Cleaning Real Estate Properties
- FHA Mortgage Insurance Premiums Set To Rise Again In April
- Complete Information On Hud Guidelines On Mortgage And Real Estate
- Aurora Colorado Real Estate And Its Community
- Denver Luxury Real Estate- Cherry Creek
- Home Mortgage Refinance Are You Sure Of The Steps To Take
- Capitol Hill Denver -hub Of Historic Real Estate And Urban Culture
- Highlands Is Distinctly One Of Denver Most Culturally Rich And Lively Destinations
- Washington Park Denver Colorado- Denvers Historical Treasure And Modern Center Of Real Estate And Culture
- Denver Colorado Ranked As Third Fastest Selling City In Real Estate
- Mortgage Relief Fraud- Will You Be The Next Victim
- Short Sales In Denver- Why The Term Strategic Default Can Be Misleading
- Colorado Premier Apartment Locating Service
- Here Are Seven Reasons To Own Your Home Vs Rent Denver Colorado
- Thinking Of Buying A Home In Denver- Here Are 10 Questions To Ask Your Home Inspector
- Thinking Of Hiring A Real Estate Agent In Denver-here Are Some Good Questions To Ask
- Lenders Checklist- What Documents You Need To Get A Mortgage
- Thinking About Doing A Short Sale
- Specialty Mortgages- Risks And Rewards
- Buyers Market For Luxury Condos And Lofts In Downtown Denver
- Taking The Stress Out Of Buying A Home-Denver Real Estate
- 10 Ways To Prepare For Homeownership In Colorado
- Basic Tax Benifits To Home Ownership-Denver Real Estate
- A Look At Parker Colorado And Its Real Estate Market
- Denver Real Estate And Its Neighborhoods
- Fort Collins Real Estate- Reasons Why You Should Move To The Area
- Homes For Sale In The Hilltop And Crestmoor Park Area Of Denver Colorado
- Solving Your Mortgage Crisis Just Got Easier- 5 Steps For A Successful Short Sale
- Arvada Real Estate And Homes For Sale
- An Overview Of Cherry Creek Real Estate And Homes For Sale In The Area
- Local Denver Agent Releases New Report For Homeowners Seeking To Avoid Foreclosure
- Not Every Real Estate Agent Is A Realtor. Find Out Why You Should Hire A Realtor To Sell Your Next Home In The Denver Area
- Learn About The Pros And Cons To Flipping Houses In Denver
- Colorado Home Foreclosure Update How To Get A Good Foreclosure Property In Colorado
- Greenwood Village Real Estate Denver Colorado
- Lakeside Cross County Oregon Real Estate For Sale
- Real Estate In Parker Colorado Outside Of Denver City Limits
- Aurora Homes For Sale Aurora Denver Real Estate Homes
- Castle Rock Denver Colorado Real Estate
- Fannie Mae Launches A New Video To Help Educate Homeowners About Options To Avoid Foreclosure
- Cherry Creek Denver Real Estate Market
- The Hidden Options Of Real Estate Auctions And Foreclosures
- Understand All Of The Options Available When Faced With Foreclosure
- A Profile Denver Neighborhood
- Luxury Living In Castle Rock And Greenwood Village Colorado
- Denver REO Properties- Still An Abundance
- Understanding The Basics Of A Short Sale
- Although The Rest Of The Nation See A Decline In Real Estate Prices,Denver market Seems to Outshine The Rest
- How To Pass And Study For Denver Colorado Real Estate Exams
- Rent To Own Agreement In Denver Colorado
- New Construction Sales Still Down in Denver
- Denver Luxury Real Estate Market On The Rise
- Big Deal In Denver Colorado Multifamily Apartment Market
- Denver Colorado Real Estate Market
- The Denver Economy